cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Thingworx Asset Advisor custom alert-notification handler

hmebane
3-Visitor

Thingworx Asset Advisor custom alert-notification handler

I'm trying to set up a custom alert notification handler in Asset Advisor, Thingworx 8.3. I have the handler defined & set up as per the customization guide, but I cannot figure out how to get the service called. When I execute the GetNotifcationHandlers service from composer, it works as I would expect - it returns the handlerID, serviceName, etc.

I also have the handler set up in the launchpoint configuration table in the AdditionalAlertNotificationHandler field.

When I manually cause an alert to be fired, the email notification works, but my custom handler is not called. I have a feeling there is some other config that needs to be done somewhere, but I really cant find where that is. No evidence n log files that my handler is even attempted to be called - no permission warnings, etc.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:hmebane)

Hello.

Could you export or send the code for your custom handler, so we can see what's going on? If it's sensitive information, feel free to send to me via PM.

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

Top Tags