cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Thingworx Manufacturing Apps extension import error

SaranKarthick
16-Pearl

Thingworx Manufacturing Apps extension import error

Hi,

I have installed ThingWorx 8.1.3-b121 and i'm trying to import "MED-61227-CD-010_SP3_ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-8-1-2-extension-bundle". I have checked if i had the license feature for manufacturing apps.

GetCurrentLicenseInfoGetCurrentLicenseInfo

I have also renamed my license file to "license_capability_response.bin". I'm following the attached guide for setting up the apps. When i try to import the app bundle 

grid-advanced_ExtensionPackage:2.0.3grid-advanced_ExtensionPackage:2.0.3

In the Thingworx Application Monitor the following errors were given:

1. "Unable to delete grid-advanced_ExtensionPackage:2.0.3.  This is likely due to other errors: ExtensionPackage grid-advanced_ExtensionPackage Does Not Exist"
  2. "Unable to process import: java.lang.NullPointerException"

I have also tried to import individual dependency zip files but the grid advanced zip causes the same issue.

Then i have downloaded the latest version of grid widget and repeated the import action. The dependency files were imported, but the extension zip "ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-8.1.2-00-extension.zip" caused an internal error while importing. The following message was given in the application monitor.

"[context: An unexpected server error occurred: com/ptc/resource/PartialFailureException][message: com/ptc/resource/PartialFailureException]"

Am i importing it in a proper way or is this a license issue? Please advice

Thanks and Regards,

SaranKarthick K R

Associate IT Consultant

ITC INFOTECH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings @SaranKarthick,

This error occurs due to following reasons :

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @hchanana,

I had followed the steps. In the postgres no extensions were found(Step2). I have downloaded the latest version of grid advanced and replacd the existing one in the "ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-8.1.2-00-extension-dependencies" folder.
Then itried to import the folder i get the following screen.

Capture.PNG

Then i individually imported all the dependency files and then tried to import the "ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-8.1.2-00-extension" extension zip. The erroe screen appears.

Capture1.PNG

The following message was given in the Appliction Monitor:

" Unable to delete SCO_Common-extension:8.1.2.  This is likely due to other errors: ExtensionPackage SCO_Common-extension Does Not Exist"

"Unable to process import: java.lang.NullPointerException"

I have also attached the log files for your reference.

Thanks and Regards
Sarankarthick K R

Greetings @SaranKarthick,

This error occurs due to following reasons :

I have upgraded to TWX 8.2 and Mfg Apps 8.2. This issue got solved.

Regards,

Saran

Top Tags