cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Utility Services for the Dygraph Widget

nquirindongo
9-Granite

Utility Services for the Dygraph Widget

How I can access/find the GenerateDygraphData service to convert an infotable to CSV. I cannot find the PTC.SCA.SCO.DygraphUtils it in thingworx composer 8.4.

Dygraph Widget Help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abhkumar
13-Aquamarine
(To:nquirindongo)

Hi @nquirindongo 

PTC.SCA.SCO.DygraphUtils was introduced with ThingWorx apps 8.5.X (Utilities services have been provided to improve ease of use for the Dygraph widget.). Currently your ThingWorx platform and  Apps versions are 8.4 that why not able to see Thing  PTC.SCA.SCO.DygraphUtils in composer; however the Dygraph Widget is  available with earlier release as well.

Please follow 8.5.0 release note:

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_apps/r8.5/en/index.html#page/thingworx_apps/ThingWorxAppsWN/thingworx_apps_8-5_release_notes.html

Thanks

Abhishek

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @nquirindongo.

The Dygraph widget is delivered with ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps. You'll need an entitlement to Manufacturing Apps to access it.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @slangley 

Thank you for your response. I've Mfg. Apps 8.4 installed and I can access/use the dygraph widget from the mashup builder. But also I would like to convert an infotable to CSV (JSON, sent in string format) and using the GenerateDygraphData seems to be an easy way to do it. (only if I can find the PTC.SCA.SCO.DygraphUtils in the composer).

What do you mean by entitlement? Do I need a separate license to access the PTC.SCA.SCO.DygraphUtils from the Composer? 

Regards,

Nelson Q.

slangley
23-Emerald II

HI @nquirindongo.

Apologies for misunderstanding.  You do not need further entitlements if you already own a license for Mfg. Apps.

I'll have to leave your functional questions to someone with experience in Mfg. Apps.

Regards.

--Sharon

@slangley , You're fine. I didn't provide enough information in my initial post. Thanks for your response anyway.

Regards,

Nelson Q. 

abhkumar
13-Aquamarine

Hi @nquirindongo 

PTC.SCA.SCO.DygraphUtils was introduced with ThingWorx apps 8.5.X (Utilities services have been provided to improve ease of use for the Dygraph widget.). Currently your ThingWorx platform and  Apps versions are 8.4 that why not able to see Thing  PTC.SCA.SCO.DygraphUtils in composer; however the Dygraph Widget is  available with earlier release as well.

Please follow 8.5.0 release note:

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_apps/r8.5/en/index.html#page/thingworx_apps/ThingWorxAppsWN/thingworx_apps_8-5_release_notes.html

Thanks

Abhishek

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite
(To:abhkumar)

Is it possible to get the dygraph utilities in 8.4? 

Another option is to write a service with the same algorithm.  Is this algorithm publicly available or is there a way I can find it or one similar in version 8.4 Manufacturing Apps?

abhkumar
13-Aquamarine
(To:Ascherer17)

Hi @Ascherer17 

The dygraph utilities is not available in 8.4. As from the above comments if the requirement is to "convert an infotable to CSV " This can be achieved  by  CSV Parser extension. Follow these steps:

1) Download CSV Parser extension from Marketplace and import to ThingWorx platform.

2) Use WriteCSV function to convert and save files
3. Create a subscription to call the service based on a time event.

Find the document on CSV Parser

Thanks

Abhishek

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @nquirindongo.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags