cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Where can we find the Asset Simulator?

rclarke
6-Contributor

Where can we find the Asset Simulator?

The ThingWorx Mfg Apps 8.0.0 guide references the Asset Simulator - where can we download this from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Steven,

The DemoSimulatorPackage.zip is the one officially released. I am not sure how they got the other packages/files. This package has everything it needs as follows. (Learning Workshop 1)

1. DemoFactorySimulator.opf is the Kepware Project file which contains lines/assets and tags for those assets are simulated.

2. DemoFactoryDataSet.zip. This contains all the assets / lines which are bound to the Kepware project. Users need not create them.

3. data-0.twx is the Thingworx data file which creates the Streams

4. KepwareSimulatorControl.zip is an sample app which allows to control the Kepware tag values from the app.

5. There is powerpoint and pdf which provides instructions to install and usage.

Thanks,

Varathan

NOTE: Steven, I added this information from our conversation to make sure it is out there for others as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Roy,

I can see the components you are referring to on page 58 of the Setup and Getting Started guide-- in particular, these components:

Data Generator TW extension

Asset Simulator TW extension

KepwareDemoAssetsProject.json

The truth is, I am not sure where these components are currently available, if at all. I am looking into this.

In the meantime, is there anyone in the community that can chime in on Roy's question?

Best regards,

Steven Marchessault

Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

It should be available in this page.

https://www.ptc.com/en/thingworx/manufacturing-apps/Dashboard/Get-Started

Thanks,

Varathan

Hi Steven,

The DemoSimulatorPackage.zip is the one officially released. I am not sure how they got the other packages/files. This package has everything it needs as follows. (Learning Workshop 1)

1. DemoFactorySimulator.opf is the Kepware Project file which contains lines/assets and tags for those assets are simulated.

2. DemoFactoryDataSet.zip. This contains all the assets / lines which are bound to the Kepware project. Users need not create them.

3. data-0.twx is the Thingworx data file which creates the Streams

4. KepwareSimulatorControl.zip is an sample app which allows to control the Kepware tag values from the app.

5. There is powerpoint and pdf which provides instructions to install and usage.

Thanks,

Varathan

NOTE: Steven, I added this information from our conversation to make sure it is out there for others as well.

This link is broken

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for letting us know. The link has been updated, please retry and let us know if you are still unable to open that page.

Best regards,

Steven M

Top Tags