cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

database connection error

jreinhard
1-Newbie

database connection error

We get the following error when trying to start Thingworx.

[message: Unable to initialize and start system: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!]

Our Tomcat service seems to be starting okay, but not Thingworx.  We are trying to use Thingworx 8.0 on Tomcat 8.5.   I found one article that dealt with this for Thingworx 6.6 but the file mentioned there does not seem to exist here.

I know this is probably a credentials error, so I am wondering if other than the platform-settings.json file in the ThingworxPlatform dir is there any other place where the credentials are stored?

If I modify this file with a different username or password, then Tomcat stops working, so the password and username are valid at least for tomcat.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hrajpal
13-Aquamarine
(To:jreinhard)

Greetings John,

The database connection details are stored only in platform-settings.json file . No other file is used for storing DB details.

To check the credentials try to use them using pgAdmin and see if it works or not .

And if you could share application logs from ThingworxStorgae folder and then we could help you more on this.

Thanks,

Himesh Rajpal

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hrajpal
13-Aquamarine
(To:jreinhard)

Greetings John,

The database connection details are stored only in platform-settings.json file . No other file is used for storing DB details.

To check the credentials try to use them using pgAdmin and see if it works or not .

And if you could share application logs from ThingworxStorgae folder and then we could help you more on this.

Thanks,

Himesh Rajpal

Greetings John Reinhard​,

Following up with you on the original question posted here, can you please indicate if the recommendations given by Himesh answered this question for you?

If the post adequately answered your question, you can mark the reply as the "Correct Answer."

Or, if you are still unresolved on your original question, let us know and we can continue troubleshooting this with you. Be sure to revisit Himesh's request for the Application Logs. This feedback is a key step toward ensuring Community users with a similar issue are able to locate the information they need.

Best regards,

Steven M

Top Tags