cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

how to retrieve datashape default value in datatable using services

xiaoqw
15-Moonstone

how to retrieve datashape default value in datatable using services

WeChat Screenshot_20191023123009.png

as attached picture, I have inserted data in the default value in the datashape. Now I want to retrieve data from datatable using services. how to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @xiaoqw,

Do you want to get the default value from the datashape specifically?  As far as I understand it from the data table itself you can only get data entries that have been added.

Perhaps try writing a custom script to get the default values from the Field Definitions with the getDefaultValue() method for the specific field definitions you want to get the data from.

This link gives more information on getting the filed definition:
https://support.ptc.com/cs/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_6.6_hc/index.jspx?id=ID1239011955&action=show

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @xiaoqw,

Do you want to get the default value from the datashape specifically?  As far as I understand it from the data table itself you can only get data entries that have been added.

Perhaps try writing a custom script to get the default values from the Field Definitions with the getDefaultValue() method for the specific field definitions you want to get the data from.

This link gives more information on getting the filed definition:
https://support.ptc.com/cs/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_6.6_hc/index.jspx?id=ID1239011955&action=show

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:AndreaSteyn)

Hi @xiaoqw.

If the response provided by @AndreaSteyn allowed you to find a solution, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags