cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

how to synchronize KPI calculation period

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

how to synchronize KPI calculation period

Hi Guys,

I need to synchronize the calculation period of KPIs. Does anyone know how to do that? 

I.e. If I set 60m calculation period I need to start at whole, : 10:00, 11:00 etc. For all the assets.

Calculation period itself is not important, only start time is. 

Anyone? 

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @tcoufal ,

You can set the KPI calculation period and Planned Operation start time of assets from configuration and setup console.

Also can you please explain in detail about your query regarding synchronization of calculation period of KPI's.

Regards,

Himanshu

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:hchanana)

Idea was to synchronize calculation time , not period, sorry about that. 

So it would start at whole hour, i.e. 12:00 and if calculation period would be 1 hour let say. than it would go: 13:00, 14:00 etc.. 

But I found the way.. 

Every asset has forceCalculateKpis property (boolean). If you set up scheduler for 0 59 **** and write true in to those properties then its get calculate in next minute. 

I have found that you need to have this scheduler on all the time, otherwise the time drifts. If you do sync just one time, next day it is few minutes off (i.e, calculated at: 12:02, 20:03 etc.. ). I dont like that, but ...

One thought. I haven't tried it but it may work. 

The KPIs are calculated using PTC.SCA.Mfg.KPIsCalculationScheduler. This scheduler runs every minute. Internally this looks other details, determine which won should be recalculated and calculates them.

For example, if you want to calculate the KPI for every hour.  Adjust the cron expression to run every hour. Then set for all your assets/line to calculate every 55 minutes or so (slightly less than an hour in this case). That will make sure it calculates all those KPI calculation occur every one hour.

Keep me posted whether it worked or not.

Thanks,

Varathan

Hi @tcoufal ,

If Varathan's response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

If the recommendation did not work, please update with the details so that we can look into this further.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Top Tags