cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Batch update Creo models in Windchill PDMLink

RussC
5-Regular Member

Batch update Creo models in Windchill PDMLink

I am using Creo 2.0 M110 and Windchill PDMLink 10.2 M020.

I recently found that I have some old models in my library of thousands of models with very low accuracy which is causing problems in downstream manufacturing operations. I want to run a batch process to update the files per the below steps, but I don't know how to approach this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Find the Creo models (.prt files only) with low accuracy in the Windchill database.
  2. Check out the files with low accuracy.
  3. Open and change the accuracy to .0001 ABSOLUTE ACCURACY.
  4. Save and check back in all the files.

Also, I need to run a report of all the .prt files in Windchill that have a sheet metal YFactor = .25. In this case, I don't want these parts programmatically updated, I just need the list of parts so they can be manually reviewed.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Russ,

For the first part of identifying models in Windchill, I'd recommend you create a post in the Windchill Community for assistance. 

For the batch process itself, I'm not sure I would recommend doing this.  Many of these models will likely fail regeneration due to the accuracy change.  If you still want to try this, you will want to use Distributed Batch.  I don't think there is a TTD file for changing accuracy so you will likely need to create a mapkey.

Top Tags