cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Browser types for windchill inside creo2.

rrich
2-Guest

Browser types for windchill inside creo2.

Is it only IE and Mozilla that will work with Creo or can you use Chrome. What versions of IE work? My new install of OS has IE V11. I got new hard drive in my machine and now I can not see whindchill in my browser after I start up. I can register the server, and login but my status line at the bottom says that an install of Product View express was started and nothing happens in the browser window. I get a rotating pin wheel and that is all. Any Ideas?

Ron Rich
Mechanical Engineer
Keithley A Tektronix Company
28775 Aurora Rd
Solon, OH 44139
440-498-2842

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
cprice
6-Contributor
(To:rrich)

Try this config.pro option (I think it is good for Creo 2  Parametric M100 and above)

browser_limit_to_ie9_mode yes

Charlie Price
Strategic Technical Services LLC
Phone 330.887.9295 Desk/Mobile/FAX
Main 888.479.1566x127
charlie.price@stechservices.com
----------
mdavis-2
1-Newbie
(To:rrich)

Also, PTC has a great technical brief that may help you navigate browsers. I believe it may be titled "PTC Windchill Web Browser Comparison". I cannot imagine being able to utilize Windchill in any form without this.
Top Tags