cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

CREO 2.0

mnelson
1-Newbie

CREO 2.0

Is anyone running creo 2.0 manufacturing we are supposed to update at my company soon. How is compared to the older versions? Are there any new machining features added to creo 2.0? Any other input would be nice.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

HI,

I am working with Creo 2.0 manufacturing for a while now, and from my point of view it's a big inprovement. The whole layout of the ribbon makes it easier to construct the toolpaths. The one that surprized me the most is the surface mill using cutt lines. To get along with the new structure will take some hours, but i definitly don't want to go back to WF5. The biggest change for me was the difference in setting up a new mfg.

Paul

Matt,

we upgraded after M010 was released. What a difference from WF5. For the most it is a lot better than WF5 once you get used to the interface and get the colors set the way you want them. The white back ground makes my eyes hurt after looking at it for a couple of hours. I now have it set up with a nice soft blue background and really like it. Many improved features in Creo2.0. The trajectory sequences are super!! really like the way it works now.

Copy and paste of sequences seems to be easier also.

As Paul said the new cut line is improved and easier for the most part.

There is a new chamfer and round sequence available but I am not impressed with it. If you select any more than a few surfaces or features to chamfer it seems to bog down the system to a crawl.

The next upgrade to M030 is supposed to be out next week (Nov. 21 I believe). I would wait until that is available

then upgrade.

Steve

Top Tags