cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

CREO 7/NC Pocket milling can not set corner radius

BH_8851954
7-Bedrock

CREO 7/NC Pocket milling can not set corner radius

Hello, 

When I use Pocket Milling, milling bottom Face with spiral type, I found that I can not control cut path corner radius, all corners of cut path are sharp, this is not my expectation. 

Could you please help me to solve this issue? 

thanks,

Bin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't usually use pocket milling, but I'd imagine it behaves in a similar way to volume milling - Like a 2D bottom version, perhaps.

Anyway, I don't understand what you are expecting. If the pocket you are milling has sharp corners, when the toolpath is generated it will try as best it can to cut as much of the pocket as possible, given the diameter of the tool. It's not going to generate radii wherever the tool changes direction, if that's what you expect. If your pocket had large corner fillets, then the toolpaths would also have arcs in them, on the outermost passes of the spiral.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I don't usually use pocket milling, but I'd imagine it behaves in a similar way to volume milling - Like a 2D bottom version, perhaps.

Anyway, I don't understand what you are expecting. If the pocket you are milling has sharp corners, when the toolpath is generated it will try as best it can to cut as much of the pocket as possible, given the diameter of the tool. It's not going to generate radii wherever the tool changes direction, if that's what you expect. If your pocket had large corner fillets, then the toolpaths would also have arcs in them, on the outermost passes of the spiral.

You are right, by using Volume Rough instead of Pocket milling, it looks better

Top Tags