cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Change color of material for cuts?

dsondenaa
4-Participant

Change color of material for cuts?

So older versions of Pro-E you could specify a different color for areas that were removed material. For example I have a casting and that is one color (say purple) but when I make a machining of that casting anywhere I removed material would be a different color (say yellow) so I'd have a purple part with areas of yellow that showed where a machining operation was done.

However, I cannot find how to do this in CREO can anyone help?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

1.] assign yellow color to part (select part name at the top of model tree)

2.] assign purple color to Solid Surfaces (select any model face, press right mouse button and use Solid Surfaces command)

3.] remove material from part

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

1.] assign yellow color to part (select part name at the top of model tree)

2.] assign purple color to Solid Surfaces (select any model face, press right mouse button and use Solid Surfaces command)

3.] remove material from part

MH

Martin Hanák
dsondenaa
4-Participant
(To:dsondenaa)

Thank you!

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

I'd assign a material to the part, then pick a color for the surfaces created by the cut and use the filter to select Surfaces by Feature, and you8 can use the feature ID (more accurate), or the feature #, select all the surfs, and it's done.  You can easily do this for a range of features.  For instance, all cold water lines in a block, or hot water lines.

Frank,

The only problem with that is you have to do that for every cut you make. If you follow what Martin said then any cut you make will automatically have that color. What this does for models is if you have a casting then you can easily see where you'll be removing material during the machining.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

I don't have access to a system at the moment, can't see exactly what he means.

Top Tags