cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Component display in assembly drawings

JasonPensack
1-Newbie

Component display in assembly drawings

In my assembly I have a transparent component. (Its acctually a Workpiece in manufacturing.) The problem is that when I create a drawing with this assembly I can see thru this part. I can't see the hidden lines in this part, but I can see all of the lines in the fixture behind it. I would like to have this component display on the drawing as if it was solid. Is there a way to change this in the drawing?

I am using Creo 2.0 M050.

Thanks in advance!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:JasonPensack)

Can you post a screenshot?

TRANSPARENT_COMPONENT.jpg

The part you see is my workpiece, which is transparent in my assembly. You can see the tooling holes and pockets in my fixture thru the part.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

Even with Drawing View > View Display > Display Style set as "Hidden" or "No Hidden"?

I think you are seeing the cosmtic threads. If you right click on the view in the tree or in the graphics window, you can hide all cosmetics as one of the options.

Matt - I do have the view display set to No Hidden and I know this is active because I can't see thru the plate on my tombstone.

Antonius - I don't have any cosmetic threads in the assembly. The rectangle in the center of the part is a cut-extrude and so is the series of 6 rectangles on the bottom edge of the part, so all features can be seen thru the part.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

You are dimensioning a workpiece? Maybe that's just how they behave? I have never tried to dimension one, I have only used them (as a master) to create other components.

Sorry, not sure what else to suggest.

I tried to recreate the problem by taking a normal component and making it transparent and it worked fine on the drawing. It must have something to do with the fact that it is assembled as a manufacturing workpiece.

Top Tags