cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Conversion personal Library Emx 5.0 to Emx 13

gcambiaghi
13-Aquamarine

Conversion personal Library Emx 5.0 to Emx 13

Hi everyone, I need to convert a library created in Emx 5.0 with .dat files to be read by Emx 13 is it possible?

gcambiaghi_0-1624304141722.png

I understand that now in the .dat files in addition to the variants, the information of the positioning axes and the surfaces for contouring are also included.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@gcambiaghi wrote:

Hi everyone, I need to convert a library created in Emx 5.0 with .dat files to be read by Emx 13 is it possible?

gcambiaghi_0-1624304141722.png

I understand that now in the .dat files in addition to the variants, the information of the positioning axes and the surfaces for contouring are also included.

Thanks

Hi,

I hope @tschneyer can answer your question.

Martin Hanák
SasMoe
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi @gcambiaghi and @MartinHanak ,

Thomas is not available at the moment.

I would like to help you but I´m not sure that this will work correcty. EMX5 is very old and there is no guarantee compatiblity for convert the old files.

Please create a new dat-file with the component editor and pass your instances in the new created file.

Kind regards

Sascha Möller
B&W Software GmbH
gcambiaghi
13-Aquamarine
(To:SasMoe)

Thank you Sascha
actually on my PC I installed an old Wildfire with EMX 6.0, I had it read the file generated by emx 5.0 and it asked me to convert it to the version compatible with EMX 6.0, once this was done it saved the new .dat which apparently seems to be compatible with EMX 13...I'll check it out, the problem is that the library is big and I can't convert the files one by one.

SasMoe
6-Contributor
(To:gcambiaghi)

Hi @MartinHanak,

can you contact me via private message directly. So I can share an upload link for you and can check this issue for you.

Kind regards,

Sascha Möller
B&W Software GmbH

@SasMoe wrote:

Hi @MartinHanak,

can you contact me via private message directly. So I can share an upload link for you and can check this issue for you.

Kind regards,

Hi,

I do not have any issue. In my first reply I forwarded discussion to Thomas Schneyer, only.

Martin Hanák
SasMoe
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Sorry Martin I confused you with Giovanni in the conversation.

Sascha Möller
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags