cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo 3 - New Volume mill

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Creo 3 - New Volume mill

Looking at a case solution I discovered there should be a new volume mill sequence in creo 3. That's a good news =>https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=CS172911&lang=en

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11

Thats great! I would love it if the new volume mill would automatically order the regions by shortest path like drilling, instead of me having to do build cut - order regions.

Who is using the "Stock Model"? It seems like more toolpaths are being geared towards this instead of the "Material Removal Feature".

Also a Smart retract that was really truely"Smart" and didn't plow randomly through the stock at rapid when moving from one feature to another would be a nice change.

You need to set the traverse feed rate to something less than -1 (rapid) then the 'smart retract will work'

They do not consider the dogleg that happens with uncoordinated moves at rapid. If you notice, all moves in NC check (inside CREO) are coordinated.

IMO, they should have a dialog that warns you if you set smart retract, you cannot set traverse speed to rapid (and vice-versa)

Chris Gosnell

Chris,

Thanks for the info. I think there is a thread on rapid moves being set to something other than -1 on here somewhere. I changed my site files so there is always some set feed for traverse and free feeds. Even with the feed set I still use always retract(I don't trust it).

I don't think there is any mention of having to set those in the help files but I could be wrong.

I also agree with you that a few warnings about setting the proper feeds would be helpfull but probably will never happen.

Steve

Chris,

The fact that it does not simulate the doglegs has bitten me in the past with drilling. I used to use G99 by not setting the "Pullout Dist" to 0. Even Vericut moved in a direct path (if theres a setting for Vericut i couldn't find it). Too bad this couldn't be an option in the workcenter settings.

I'm currently checking the Vericut options in the 'built-in' version included in NCcheck. So far I have been able to set the axes to dogleg, but I don't know if I will be able ot make this the default condition. I guess the work around is never to use rapid when you are traversing.

How did you get it to do the doglegs?

Well, I'm not using "Stock Model" for the moment, but I'll think about it with Creo 3 if takes in charge more sequences as they announce. I mainly use volume milling and trajectory milling.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:RaphMORIN)

Hey, here's a video showing the new volume mill !! Looks cool !

http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorial/3459/using-the-user-interface-for-volume-milling

Browse the rest of Learning exchange, there are several cool things to discover on Creo 3.0.

From a first look at the video's the update to Creo is an enhancement. Can't wait to get my finger on this new version. When is the release???

Release of the first customer shipment (F000) is currently scheduled for end of July (had been previously postponed). So stay tuned for another month 🙂

Top Tags