cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo 4.0 Manufacturing tutorial - CUTCOM output G41

BE_5409693
2-Guest

Creo 4.0 Manufacturing tutorial - CUTCOM output G41

I am learning to use Creo 4.0 Manufacturing to create toolpath and send code to our Haas 3 axis mill.  I've been fairly successful so far but I am struggling to understand how to apply lead in and cutter compensation and get it to output G41/G42.  I have the Creo 4.0 manufacturing "Black Book" tutorial but the menus and options appear to be outdated and are much different than what I see in my app. I've narrowed it down to a "CUTCOM" command but if I turn it on,  it still will not generate G41 when I process code. 

Is there an updated tutorial that will walk me through how to use cutter comp and other functions??

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Thom
9-Granite
(To:BE_5409693)

I don't know of any updated tutorials. You must have an approach and an exit in order for the cutcom to work. That gives it a distance to apply the cutcom (G41/G42) and then to a distance to turn it off (G40). These can be done as "Normal Approach/Exit", "Lead In/Out" in your tool path. If you do not have these it will not turn Dia. Comp on and off. (And if you have one and not the other, it still will not work.) 

The best advise I have for you is not to use the G41/G42 because they are for production machining. I mean same parts every day for months. And the best reason is for tool wear out to do this anyway. You don't want people to do this for many reasons. Keep track of your tools with a good custom library on machine. This is a very short answer.

Top Tags