cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo 8: Thread mill bug?

Daniel_E
6-Contributor

Creo 8: Thread mill bug?

Thread milling seems broken in Creo 8.  I used a template that worked fine in Creo 7, but now in Creo 8, the lead-in radius is the wrong direction.  It's still tangent, but the wrong way.  I can't get it to change and have to switch to a radial entry so that there is no radius.  Is this a bug, or am I doing it wrong?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_E
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

This turned out to be a problem with the part model.  I used thread milling on many other parts since then without issue.  So I went back to that part and re-modeled the feature, and the thread milling worked without issue.  The original file was imported from another CAD software, so maybe that caused some issue.  Anyway, doesn't seem to be a bug after all.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Daniel_E
6-Contributor

Thanks Vladimir!  I didn't know such a thing existed.

You're welcome.

Daniel_E
6-Contributor

This turned out to be a problem with the part model.  I used thread milling on many other parts since then without issue.  So I went back to that part and re-modeled the feature, and the thread milling worked without issue.  The original file was imported from another CAD software, so maybe that caused some issue.  Anyway, doesn't seem to be a bug after all.

Top Tags