cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo Install Files Too Large

lococnc
1-Newbie

Creo Install Files Too Large

Has anyone else had trouble with the 4+GB file size of the latest install
files?

I find that I have to download the file from the web onto the individuals
machine, I cannot copy the file across the network or from a thumb drive.
Inevitably the zip gets corrupted.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
dustin
1-Newbie
(To:lococnc)

I have noticed that as well. I assumed that the download itself was corrupted and have yet to get Creo 2.0 installed on any computer. I didn't think to unzip from the download computer. I previously had issues with the download size. It appeared not to get all the data. I will try to download again and work from the root computer and see what happens.

Are you using the windows unzip utility? I have found that is the issue and if you open the file with a program like winzip or winrar it opens fine. Save you some time trying to redownload it.

In Reply to Michael Gamber:

Has anyone else had trouble with the 4+GB file size of the latest install
files?

I find that I have to download the file from the web onto the individuals
machine, I cannot copy the file across the network or from a thumb drive.
Inevitably the zip gets corrupted.
dustin
1-Newbie
(To:lococnc)

You are correct Greg. I found that it didn't matter how I moved or copied the zip file around, the windows zip utility would view it as a corrupt file. I have 7-zip installed on my computer, so I tried that and it unzipped just fine. I now have Creo 2 up and running. Thanks Greg.

In Reply to Greg Scorpil:

Are you using the windows unzip utility? I have found that is the issue and if you open the file with a program like winzip or winrar it opens fine. Save you some time trying to redownload it

Top Tags