cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo2.0 Manufacturing?

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Creo2.0 Manufacturing?

It's awfully quiet in here lately!!

I was wondering how many have switched to Creo 2.0 for manufacturing and how well you like it? I have it loaded and have been testing it. It seems to be fairly intuitive and easy to use. I have to wait until engineering gets up to speed with it and approves it for production use so I am just testing it at this time.

Lots of new and useful features that were a pain in WF5 like helical milling and multiple cut thread milling.

Steve

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NickMihelich
6-Contributor
(To:mnelson)

I made this in Creo 2 It should be similar for WF5 also

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

We are using 2.0. I like the helical trajectory cut, auto inner cut line, chamfer milling, corner rounding, and multi-pass threading. Finishing though I still haven't gotten used to.

I have played around with it a bit. Have not been able to get the rest finishing to work yet

I have been using creo since it came out I like the change to the new ribbon bar and icons. I cannot wait until they have all the toolpaths up to speed with the ribbon bar. I have found a couple of things that work now that did not in wildfire l just hope they keep improving the software. There is one thing I would like to see happen and that is how you post out code.I would like to see them create a button that is linked to the machine tool you pick so when you post the code all you have to do is click one button and it process the file. I feel like you have to make to many clicks just to post a g code file out. I mean you define the machine you want to use when you create your nc file it has the post information in that file. So does anybody know why it is like it is now? I do think the should keep the method they have now for just posting out single or multiple toolpaths.

NickMihelich
6-Contributor

I have created mapkeys for each of the machines I need to post for. You can set the mapkeys to buttons on your tool bar. let me know if you need any help setting this up.

Thanks for the info Nick I created some regular map keys but I am not familiar with setting up buttons on the tool bar for them. Any info setting that up would be helpful.

NickMihelich
6-Contributor

I made this in Creo 2 It should be similar for WF5 also

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:SteveLucas)

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question.

I had not really had a chance to look at the finish routines yet in Creo2.0 but I like what I see so far with everything else. It takes a little getting used to the white background. I am experimenting with different colors to see what I like the best for that.

Matt,

That would be an interesting change to have a generic set up so you could post to any machine. We have 3 mills here so I try and balance the work between the three but with variations in runtime I always end up recoding some jobs for one of the other machines that are free when we are really busy by unselecting the machine and select the post from the post list.

the problem is the machines vary in RPM from 10K to 40K and so the speeds, feeds and cutting conditions can vary depending on sequences and machines.

It would be nice to just click on a icon for each machine and have it create a ncl and tape file that would change the variables(speeds and feeds) for each machine instead of having it set up first with a start part tied to one particular machine. when you click on the Icon for a particular machine it would set the parameters fot the tools according to the machine selected.

yeah the defalut white background makes my eyes bleed! Has anyone else had trouble with drawing files for manufactuing setup sheets not displaying fixtures correctly. Its driving me back to WF5

Nick,

I have not seen any problems with my setup sheets but we don't do a lot with fixtures. so it might be just in that area.

I am coming from wildfire 4.0 trying to get up to speed with cero 2.0 some things seem cumbersome coming from 4.0 but i think its just getting use to where they moved things only real complant is the new cutline toolpath I work with alot of imported files with somewhat complex geometry.Trying to use this new toolpath I had problem selecting the surfaces and the cutlines it would bog the computer down just trying to select the surfaces not to mention it wouldnt keep the surfaces highlighted so I could see which ones I had already selected. seem uselesss I had to go back to wildfire 4.0 to make my cutline toolpaths. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue

Jason,

When working with imported geometry I find it is sometimes easier to build a new surface over the old and select that new surface or even copy and paste the surface without moving it to separate it from the model for easier selection. Not saying that is the correct way, but when I start having problems that is what I do especially if it is complex geometry. I can then change the color of my copied surface to what stands out and makes selection easier. That is with WF5 though, I haven't played in Creo2.0 enough with complex geometry yet. The white background might be an issue with selections not sure. something to try and see how it works.

Steve

I just installed creo, and i am missing the vericut option. While The installation is totally different then before, i cannot find where to install this. anyone an idea?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Paul,

after the license screen you should see the applicatio selection screen if you look at the top there should be a cusomize button

customize.JPGcustomize2.JPG

Steve,

I got it up and running. Thanks for your support and help.

Regards,

Paul

Top Tags