cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo3

DeanLong
10-Marble

Creo3

A while back I tried to upgrade M080 Creo2 to M100 and was unable to get it going due to graphics issues. I heard rumorthat it was due toPTCwas forcing us into running only approved graphics card machines. I did not have time to scour the PTC world looking for answers then.

The fact is I have been able to run WF3 thru Creo2 M080 on an $900 HP Pavillion M7 without ANY issues whatsoever. I am looking to upgrade to 3 soon and need to know if I need to buy a new machine. If I do need a new machine, I will send my invoice to PTC Accounts Payable.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I have a Dell 8700 with an nVidia GT 640 that works flawlessly on Creo2 & Creo3, no build issues, probably still on the original driver it shipped with 3 years ago.

I have run into many graphics issues with our certified Dell T1650 workstation.

With Creo3 I recently had serious (parts displayed as gibberish) graphics issues on nVidia Q2000 on T1600 & T1650 workstations, updating to 347.52 driver seems to have resolved these.

Regards,
Walt Weiss

You will want a graphics card that is OpenGL 4+ for Creo 3.0. In 2.0 they recommended this but in 3.0 it is required.

Bill Chapman
Email: -<">mailto:->
Tel: 708-496-3100 | Cell: 708-205-5705

[cid:image001.jpg@01D062F7.68DC0C00]
Top Tags