cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo4 - roughing/window machining

davidp_
4-Participant

Creo4 - roughing/window machining

Howdy - new to the forum. 

Running Creo 4.0, M030, NC Complete (not expert machinist like the label says - why doesn't the cnc, creo nc, manufacturing labels work?).  Trying to use Roughing sequence then Re-roughing and sketched mill window while staying inside the sketched window outline.

In Roughing:Volume Rough, you can select the option for the tool to run on, outside, or inside the window sketch. However, the Volume Rough option doesn't show up as a prior step for the Re-Rough sequence.  I set up another sequence, using Roughing:Roughing which then shows up as a prior step option in the Re-Rough, but the tool does not stay inside my sketched window.

Has anyone had this issue? Is it solved in a subsequent M release?

2 REPLIES 2
mdenicola
13-Aquamarine
(To:davidp_)

Hello David

I am not sure if I've understood correctly but I noticed that if I set the ALLOW_ENTRY_OUTSIDE to NO the tool path generated coincide with what is set in the mill window, under the options tab ( IN , ON or OUTSIDE the sketched profile)

if the ALLOW_ENTRY_OUTSIDE is set to YES, the tool path generated always go outside the sketched profile

Maybe you can try to change this setting and see if the same happens to you

davidp_
4-Participant
(To:mdenicola)

mendicola - thanks for the reply

Ultimately I'm trying to rough out a part and leave a bathtub wall around the component, which we will fill with bismuth or epoxy then machine the other side.

I didn't see the ALLOW_ENTRY_OUTSIDE parameter in the Roughing:Roughing sequence or in the Roughing:Volume Rough  option, what sequence selection is that parameter part of?  I do have the Inside Window Contour option set in the Window definition.

insde_wind.jpg

Here's the Roughing:Volume Rough option toolpath, which stays inside the window:

inside_wind.jpg

And the Roughing:Roughing option which breaks outside the window:

on_window.jpg

But then when I go to use Re-Rough sequence, the Roughing:Volume Rough option doesn't show up as a prior step:

rerough.jpg

Top Tags