cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Cutline producing flats in Circle Interpolation - Creo 2.0 M240

razmosis
11-Garnet

Cutline producing flats in Circle Interpolation - Creo 2.0 M240

I recently updated Creo 2.0 from M090 to M240 and noticed on a couple of occasions that I am getting some flats in the tool path when using Cutline to Circle Interpolate a hole.  I have seen this before and can sometimes fix it by loosening the tolerance, but it has been a long time since I've seen it and I do a fair amount of this.

Is this anyone else has noticed or am I alone on this one?

Matt

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

why did you replaced M090 by M240 ? If you did not do it for serious reasons, that I suggest you to return back to M090.

MH

Martin Hanák

We were issued new computers.  IT Dept. had initially loaded M020 and I noticed that things I had just programmed wouldn't work for me.  That's when I noticed the date code change.  I then discussed it with the other users and we knew we had to at least get back to M090.  So, we were given the choice between M090 or the latest M240, and we went with M240.  Going back to M090 would likely cause some issues with what we've now created in M240 and I know that some (here) are fond of the Moduleworks we now have.

We also got 4.0 M010, but haven't gotten the licenses to work yet.  It hasn't been a big priority.

Matt

Is there an inherent flaw in M240? It is kind of hard (impossible?) to know what has changed from build to build of Creo - seems like the only small amount of comfort available is to wait until others have used it for a while and see if they have had any difficulties. Not a very robust means of evaluating new builds.

Kenneth Farley,

I am sure, you know that every maintenance release contains bugs (more or less ). Therefore I prefer to do not install newer build if my current build works well (from my point of view).

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags