cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Defined work center travels not adjusting for rotation

nlehman
12-Amethyst

Defined work center travels not adjusting for rotation

When I set my work center travels for my 4-axis machine, it follows the work centers default CSYS of "MACH_ZERO".  The problem is, when I go to mill on another side, such as B90, the work center travels are still looking at "MACH_ZERO" CSYS, instead of adjusting to B90 CSYS, where everything has now been rotated 90 degrees.

This as you can see, will not allow us to use the work center travels as intended, but we would like to use them.  Any ideas?

MS60 Travels.jpg

Screenshot.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
LeeGoodwin
5-Regular Member
(To:nlehman)

Unfortunately the workcell travel limits are rather simple and do not account for rotational axis movement.  An option to consider is implementing the travel limits inside your postprocessor.   Should be more accurate there.

LeeGoodwin_0-1619646881071.png

nlehman
12-Amethyst
(To:LeeGoodwin)

That sucks that Creo gives you the option to do it there, but it just plain doesn't work.  As far as setting limits in the post, the issue with that is that the post does not generate a pop-up box to let you know that you have over-traveled your limits.

Top Tags