cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Emx 11 mold base editor

gcambiaghi
13-Aquamarine

Emx 11 mold base editor

good morning to all, I have a problem with Emx 11 and it is a problem that surely happened to you too, many plates go correct size only that I can not trace if there is a relationship or a quota to be modified on the generic file.
on the Pedrotti supplier the binary component in the options there is an entry called RAIL_OFF, THE VALUE is W1, this value reading the file feature_data.txt in the Udf folder the entry RAIL_Off the value W1 and derived from a calculation
  0.5 * (RISERS_MAIN_WIDTH-RISERS_WIDTH2) but the result is incorrect, the customer is quite altered because he does not want to check the catalog and correct the quota for all the measurements. I enclose a pdf where the difference in qutature is indicated from the catalog to EMX.
Can someone give me a hand?
Thank you
Excuse me for my English, I do not speak very well

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
8 REPLIES 8

Thanks Martin

tschneyer
6-Contributor
(To:gcambiaghi)

Hi,

this is Thomas from B&W software. I am responsible for EMX.

I have checked on your PDF and I have to do some investigations. Still, it would be great if you can open an SPR for this.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

Kind Regards
Thomas Schneyer
B&W Software GmbH
gcambiaghi
13-Aquamarine
(To:tschneyer)

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your replay.

I will open a request to the support.

Best regards

Hi,

I think Thomas can help you. 

I have forwarded your request to him.

Regards,
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi Oliver

Thanks soo much

tschneyer
6-Contributor
(To:gcambiaghi)

Hello gcambiaghi,

The solution for this problem is very simple.

1. Go to "<emx_installation>/components/mm/plates/udf"

1.PNG

2. Open the file feature_data.txt in Notepad++ or another texteditor

and Go to Line 137 where the Calculation Rule "0.5*(RISERS_MAIN_WIDTH-RISERS_WIDTH2)" is defined

2.PNG

3. Change the Rule to  RISERS_MAIN_WIDTH-RISERS_WIDTH2 and Save the File

3.PNG

4. After Changing the File the Rule in the Palte Dialog is correct and the Feature has the proper size to fit the Pedrotti Catalog

4.PNG

We will fix it within the Software and it will be available with the next Release

Kind Regards

Thomas

Kind Regards
Thomas Schneyer
B&W Software GmbH
gcambiaghi
13-Aquamarine
(To:tschneyer)

Hi Thomas
Thank you for your reply.

I had noticed that calculation and it seemed a little strange.
I make the correction to the customer and anticipate that in the next version the fix will be corrected.
Already that we have communicated that the help does not point to the right folder and does not work.
I have also installed the Datecode: 11-0-2-0 and when I click on option or create new project it crashes.

Kind regards

Giovanni

Top Tags