cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

External geometry

GilbertoOviedoV
1-Newbie

External geometry

Hi to all I'm working with a casting part that need to be machined, i want to use the external geometry option in order to simulate the machining operation and have the casting part dependable from the original file so when i make any change on this machining model will be updated automatically The issue is this, i create a new file (prt) but the option is not available (insert/shared data/geometric copy). How can i make it If you have any other option to do this i will apreciate Regards G. Oviedo
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

The terminology used in the question is a little different from what I know but I think I know what you mean. What you're looking for is the inhertance feature (Insert : Shared Data : Merge/Inheritance), not the Copy Geoemtry Feature. Also, you need the Advanced Assembly license for this so make sure you have it.
Announcements

Top Tags