cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Helical Toolpath in Wildfire 4

TimMarkoski
1-Newbie

Helical Toolpath in Wildfire 4

I'm stuck using Wildfire 4 and I'm finding that the Mfg side of Pro/E|Creo is an exercise is frustration.

All I want to do is mill several bores with Helical toolpaths and that option isn't directly available

in a Trajectory sequence.

The help file is about as useful as screen doors on a submarine.

This is a basic production type tool path and I'm finding I have a Rube Goldberg maze

to get through to produce something that should be intuitive.

Facemilling with only 90 degree corners available is another pet peeve.

Don't get me going on how weak the Lathe portion is.

It's as if no one at PTC has ever set foot in a machine shop.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I can try and paste my cheat sheet fo helical milling in here but email would be better.

helical+slide+1.JPG

helical+slide+2.JPG

helical+slide+3.JPG

helical+last+slide.JPG

This is the way I used to do helical bores way back in WF4 days. Crude but it works.

hope it helps.

Steve

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

When I used WF4, I used thread milling to generate most of my helical bores. There is a way to do with Trajectory but I'm not an expert at it.

I can try and paste my cheat sheet fo helical milling in here but email would be better.

helical+slide+1.JPG

helical+slide+2.JPG

helical+slide+3.JPG

helical+last+slide.JPG

This is the way I used to do helical bores way back in WF4 days. Crude but it works.

hope it helps.

Steve

Thanks Steve!

I knew there had to be a better way.

The only reliable way I had previously found was to do it as a Mill Surface and set the cut lines as closed loops at each end of the cylinder. Then I could go back to Parameters and change the scan type to Helical.

I still had to go to the custom area to add lead-in/lead-out but at least the parameters propagated.

Many thanks!

If you like you can "Use advanced editor" to add attachments. Upper right corner of reply box.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:dschenken)

Thanks David,

I guess i never noticed the advanced editor before. That makes it a lot easier to post things.

Steve

Top Tags