cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Help with Drilling in Pro/NC????

jeuclide
4-Participant

Help with Drilling in Pro/NC????

Can someone help with a drilling issue if you have time? I attached a file containing the result of what i want to drill. Problem is that not all the holes are drillable without to much manual labor. I was thinking someone might know a way to convert the holes that aren't recongized by the software as holes or maybe have a way to convert them to holes so that the software can read them. I know some other CAM softwares will convert. I hope someone can help otherwise i may need to look at different softwares which i'd rather not do. Hope this makes sence, just want to see waht you guys think based on the actual model.

Jeff

8 REPLIES 8

Hello Jeff,

Did take alook at your model, wasn't sure what you looking for. But in Pro/NC, you just need an axis to drill a hole. If it is a "whole" hole then you just clik the hole (w/o an axis) and the software will understand, anything else is not a "whole" hole, you just need to create an axis by picking create axis button and then pick the surface you want to drill and it wiil create an axis and just go from there.

Hope this help.

DV

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:jeuclide)

Jeff,

there are a couple of tools out there that might help you. there is an auxilary app called auto axis that will put an axis in round cuts like what you have in the part. Or there is a thing called feature recognition tools where you can select features like what you have and convert them to holes,extrudes,chamfers and a couple other things I think. .

Both are version specific on how they are installed. I played with the feature recognition tools back in WF4 and was not really impressed Might be better in WF5 or Creo. It only worked part of the time for me.

The autoaxis tool is a little better if you can get it setup correctly.I have not seen it for Creo yet.

your best bet would probably be to manually put an axis in each hole. They would then be drillable.

SteveL.

jeuclide
4-Participant
(To:SteveLucas)

Thanks guys, Dovan are you saying i can just pick the inside surface of the hole when in the drill sequence and the software will drill it? If so i think i tried that and it didn't work. Do they have the autoaxis for WF5? Thats what i use currently

Jeff

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:jeuclide)

Jeff,

You pick the inside surface to put an axis in it then you can drill it.

Auto axis is available for WF5. I don't have it though.

Are you still having trouble with this?

jeuclide
4-Participant
(To:mnelson)

Have it figured out as best i can, thanks!! If you have anything you think is useful let me know though.

I downloaded the part you posted I will take a look and see if I can be some help.

Just added an axis for 2 of the holes?

Top Tags