cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How set in Creo Parametric values for PPRINT parameters?

sstavruk
7-Bedrock

How set in Creo Parametric values for PPRINT parameters?

I am using Creo Parametric Release 6.0 and Datecode6.0.4.0

How set in Creo Parametric values for PPRINT parameters (for example):
PLUNGE FEEDRATE & UNITS
CUT FEEDRATE & UNITS
RETRACT FEEDRATE & UNITS
FREE FEEDRATE & UNITS
Are these parameters set automatically by the values assigned in each NC sequence of feeds, or can they be assigned for each CNC sequence to the user, regardless of the feeds used?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

12 REPLIES 12

the values are driven by the NC sequence parameter value

BryantMorgan_0-1676327697604.png

Thank you for answer, BryantMorgan!

But where did the values for PLUNGE_FEED (=2.4) and PLUNGE_UNITS (=IPM) come from (in your drawing) ? 

At what stage were these variables assigned to PLUNGE_FEED and PLUNGE_UNITS?

Explain, please!

BryantMorgan_0-1676330094369.png

Thank you!

Is this only one way? These parameters come from the NC sequence parameters. And I can not assign them arbitrarily? For example, there is no RETRACT_FEED in the drilling NC sequence. So the parameter RETRACT_FEED will remain empty. Did I understand correctly?

Perhaps you can explain more about what you are trying to accomplish?

You can also add columns to your model tree for each of the parameters and change parameters via the model tree.

I do not know of a way (or reason you would want to) break the link between the NC Sequence parameter and a PPRINT value.

Thank you, BryantMorgan!

I want to declare NC control parameters of feeds in the postprocessor at the beginning of the CNC program (type #1, #2, etc). And then refer to them:

G01 XYZF#1 or G01 XYZF#2. And in the postprocessor, catch all the feeds from the parameters ... Something like this ...

My initial impression is that this sound like a task best addressed with the post processor.

I am not clear on what data you are hoping to pass to G/M code file.

More details please.

PLUNGE_FEED (= 2.4)

The parenthesis indicate it is a value driven by a higher level.

In this case a SITE file has a relation and is calculating the PLUNGE_FEED I believe the SITE file says "PLUNGE_FEED = CUT_FEED/5"

The SITE file can be used to set the default value for NC sequence parameters.

Sorry I didn't explain this in an earlier reply.

This was the question: is it possible to assign these PPRINTs if there are no feedrate values ​​corresponding to them in the NC sequence: No, for example, the parameter PLUNGE FEEDRATE in the NC sequence. So PPRINT PLUNGE FEEDRATE & UNITS is empty. In this case, I force it in the postprocessor:

Q4 = 1000 ; PLUNGE FEEDRATE.

In the GPOST postprocessor, I made the following functionality:

For quick editing of feeds on the machine in continuous 5-axis milling mode, the feed values ​​are assigned using the parameters at the beginning of the program:

For example:

sstavruk_0-1676544860771.png

To use the parameters, it is necessary to have in the CREO PPRINT session for submissions:

PLUNGE FEEDRATE & UNITS

CUT FEEDRATE & UNITS

RETRACT FEEDRATE & UNITS

FREE FEEDRATE & UNITS

sstavruk_1-1676544860775.png

In case no such PPRINTs are assigned to the session, the following PPRINT values ​​are set by default:

$$ Variable initialization in case there is no PPRINT:

Q4 = 1000 $$ PLUNGE FEEDRATE

Q5 = 3000 $$ CUTTING FEEDRATE

Q6 = 5000 $$ RAPID SKIM FEEDRATE

Q7 = 10000 $$ RAPID FEEDRATE

If PPRINT is set, then their values ​​are read and assigned to rack variables Q(4,5,6,7).

Values of PPRINTs assigned ONLY from NC sequence parameters!

Thanks to all! Issue resolved!

This was the question: is it possible to assign these PPRINTs if there are no feedrate values ​​corresponding to them in the NC sequence: No, for example, the parameter PLUNGE FEEDRATE in the NC sequence. So PPRINT PLUNGE FEEDRATE & UNITS is empty. In this case, I force it in the postprocessor:

Q4 = 1000 ; PLUNGE FEEDRATE.

In the GPOST postprocessor, I made the following functionality:

For quick editing of feeds on the machine in continuous 5-axis milling mode, the feed values ​​are assigned using the parameters at the beginning of the program:

For example:

sstavruk_0-1676545653592.png

To use the parameters, it is necessary to have in the CREO PPRINT session for submissions:

PLUNGE FEEDRATE & UNITS

CUT FEEDRATE & UNITS

RETRACT FEEDRATE & UNITS

FREE FEEDRATE & UNITS

sstavruk_1-1676545653595.png

In case no such PPRINTs are assigned to the session, the following PPRINT values ​​are set by default:

$$ Variable initialization in case there is no PPRINT:

Q4 = 1000 $$ PLUNGE FEEDRATE

Q5 = 3000 $$ CUTTING FEEDRATE

Q6 = 5000 $$ RAPID SKIM FEEDRATE

Q7 = 10000 $$ RAPID FEEDRATE

If PPRINT is set, then their values ​​are read and assigned to rack variables Q(4,5,6,7).

Top Tags