cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Machine play going from opposite sides (Example B0 to B180) will not rotate.

nlehman
12-Amethyst

Machine play going from opposite sides (Example B0 to B180) will not rotate.

I have a working kinematic model that will work fine as long as you do not immediately rotate to the opposing side.  If I start machining on B0 and go to B180, the Z travels right through the part and continues machining without rotating the B axis.  But if I go from B0 to B90 and then on to B180, it will rotate as intended.  If I go from B90 to B270, it also will go straight through the part.  My "MACH_ZERO" CSYS match each other, I can't think of anything I have done wrong on my end.  Any ideas?  Or is this just another thing that Creo offers but is broken?

Also, if I start on B180 as my first machining side, then with all following rotations, the tool will go through the part.  I put together the following demonstrations.

table csys.jpgmach assembly csys.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI

try to take "cylinder" as a type of clearance

AbdelkerimBench_0-1634830103364.png

Abdel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

HI

try to take "cylinder" as a type of clearance

AbdelkerimBench_0-1634830103364.png

Abdel

Thanks for the suggestion, and that probably is the correct answer.  However, when we set that to cylinder, it does not code out correctly.  As far as I know, this is a known issue at Austin NC the last I talked to them.

Top Tags