cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Mill Finishing outputting points?

ahenry
1-Newbie

Mill Finishing outputting points?

I've found that when using Finishing operations that its outputting almost exclusively points instead of arcs (I's and j's) and its making my files massive when its not necessary. This happens even with simple shapes like round posts and holes. The Parameter "Circ_interpolation" is set to "Arc_Only". Is there something I'm missing here? I'd really prefer to output more arcs and cut down on file sizes where possible.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:ahenry)

I don't use "Finishing" type cuts, took a look at the options. Could it perhaps be that your "LACE_OPTION" is set to "LINE_CONNECT"? You could try switching it to "ARC_CONNECT" and see what that does for you.

NickMihelich
6-Contributor
(To:ahenry)

This is by design with little to do about it. I have tried using the post processor to generate arcs from points (arc fitting) but that is not the ideal way to do it. Pocketing sequences create the most arc moves and give great surface finishes.

Top Tags