cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mill Window stock clearance

ptc-4688327
1-Newbie

Mill Window stock clearance

I need some help with a 'Mill Window' roughing sequence. The tool is coming down tangent to the 'Stock' which is not safe. I would like the tool to plunge in the space around the material. Does anyone know how to set a boundary or an offset for that?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

yes mill volumes are your only viable option for this and add approach surfaces to control the entry of your tool

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

could you throw up some screenshots?

FIRST.jpgSECOND.jpg

Sorry Nick. I should have done that to start with.

No worries try this parameter.

rghing.PNG

Thanks Nick. That is the parameter that I though but it does not work in 'VOLUME ROUGH' sequences. When I try to use the 'ROUGHING' sequence I can't keep the tool from going past the inner 'MILL WINDOW' contour. Any thoughts on that?

THIRD.jpgFOURTH.jpg

I want the tool path that is shown in the earlier post, but with the PARAMETER shown in your post.

I appreciate the help.

yes mill volumes are your only viable option for this and add approach surfaces to control the entry of your tool

for volume rough you can use appraoch walls and select your mill window for the walls and the cutter will start on the outside of the window.Appr.JPG

Thanks for the help Gentlemen! I was able to get the path that I wanted with your help.

Top Tags