cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Motion skeleton cylinder stroke assignment

jthakor
3-Visitor

Motion skeleton cylinder stroke assignment

Hello All,

I want to simulate cylinder with motion skeleton. If I select line, it will change to specified stroke and will simulate like the way machine. Please find below snap for better understanding. Please help me.

Thanks,

Jitu

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Jitu,

I would like to share the steps followed by me for defining the motion skeleton, pls check if its helpful.

For motion skeleton you have to select the option of motion in skeleton model, then define the sketches in the active motion skeleton. Preferably define each component in different sketch to get the better mechanism constraint. Once you done with sketches go to create component and select body option in skeleton model, first select the sketch you want to use as ground and by following the same method select the different sketches to define the body skeleton. Once you hit update while defining the body skeleton it will automatically take mechanism constraint based on reference you have used for defining the sketches. Further you can also add more mechanism constraint as  per your requirement. Check the sketch motion once you define all body skeletons and ground.

Hope this is useful and kindly revert for any further queries. Refer attached image for the your understanding.

Untitled.png

Thanks sateesh..

I am creating motion skeleton per method only. My question is how can we create or give constraint of cylinder in motion skeleton?

Thanks,

Jitu

Ohhk.

From your image the direction of motion is not clear to me, hence I guessed and tried out something. Refer attached video in which one end of link have  translation motion like cylinder. For such translation motion you have to use planner constraints as axis is not available in motion skeleton, this is my understanding.

Video Link : 6939

Thanks satish..

Actually I want to simulate cylinder like minimum stroke and maximum stroke in motion skeleton itself. Is there a way to move like cylinder?

In my image I have written problem where I need to simulate line as minimum and maximum stroke. Rest I will take care.

Thanks,

Jitu

Top Tags