cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Pro E WF 5 network startup directory

ptc-164226
1-Newbie

Pro E WF 5 network startup directory

I am trying to install WF 5.0 on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. When I try to set up the startup directory, I cannot see any of my network drives. Anyone know why? I was able to do this with WF 5.0 on an XP laptop just fine. Thx.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Doug, can you please give us more information like path examples, and on what screen you can't see the network drives.

Also I would not reccomend having your startup directory set to a network drive. It is better to have that local for performance and stability.

David

Doug,

network drives are not visible inside WF5 installer, because in Win7 the installation is launched under Administrator account (therefore you can see only local drives). To resolve the problem, log in as Administrator, map your network drives and run the installation.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags