cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

ProNC Turning Scan Type = Ramp Retract in WF5

gary.wright
1-Newbie

ProNC Turning Scan Type = Ramp Retract in WF5

I'm a new user to ProNC, and was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a bug with Scan Type Ramp retract.

The help section says the "STEP_DEPTH distance in two passes. The first pass is angular, that is, the depth of cut gradually varies from RAMP_STEP_DEPTH at one end to zero at the other end. RAMP_STEP_DEPTH must always be smaller than STEP_DEPTH. The second pass is horizontal. The tool retracts to its original position after each pass."

All I want to do is remove .100 in 2 passes as follows. 1st cut depth start .050 deep and ramp to 0. 2nd cut paralell to spindle centerline, so the cut will be 0 to .050 deep. (because the 1st cut cut an angle)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags