cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Ramping on constant load rough

RJ_FR
8-Gravel

Ramping on constant load rough

Hello,

Every time i select "constant load" on a rough sequence, Creo add a at the start of each trajectory a ramping. It is not a correct arc but a succession of straight segments. The huge problem is that in practice, during machining my milling machine moves jerkily and vibrates enormously to follow all the segments. With other types of scanning, i do not have this problem, the cut start on the right Z position.

(Volume milling with cst load option = same problem)

Rough with cst load :

000975.png

Rough with "Follow contour or spiral"

000977.png

Any idea to remove this "ramping" ?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RJ_FR
8-Gravel
(To:Daniel_E)

Hello,

Haas control, i try G187P1, it works a little bit better. And i found an other problem in my code. The post processor output X & Y moves in on block and Z in another. With micro segments it could be the cause of the vibration problem.

000992.png

I have solve this with the first option in the postpro : one block for X,Y & Z

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:RJ_FR)

Please specify which version of the program you are using.

Creo 9.0.0.0

bmuller
9-Granite

I don't know of a way to completely eliminate those movements, but in there are some parameters that can be set to help.

LIFT_TOOL_CLEARANCE set to zero or a small clearance will eliminate many of the retracts.

MIN_RETRACT_DISTANCE controls when the procedure decides to lift or stay in the cut.. Set to a value larger than your machining feature will eliminate most of the remaining retracts with the exception of transitions to different slices.

You could also set your tolerance to something like .01 to have fewer segments.

The HSM machining option is much better for this type of tool path and much smarter, in my opinion.

RJ_FR
8-Gravel
(To:bmuller)

Hello,

I do not have the HSM module, Creo Advance package only.

I have already activated these two options and there is no effect.

Daniel_E
6-Contributor

Which control does your machine use?  I had this issue on a HAAS and was able to correct it by using "G187 P1" so that the control would smooth the motion.  I also had to use a correct tolerance setting, like bmuller suggested. 

Alternatively, it might help to adjust the "ramp angle" parameter.

RJ_FR
8-Gravel
(To:Daniel_E)

Hello,

Haas control, i try G187P1, it works a little bit better. And i found an other problem in my code. The post processor output X & Y moves in on block and Z in another. With micro segments it could be the cause of the vibration problem.

000992.png

I have solve this with the first option in the postpro : one block for X,Y & Z

Daniel_E
6-Contributor

Thanks for sharing the final solution!

Top Tags