cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Sketches on sheetmetal parts don't unbend

RussC
5-Regular Member

Sketches on sheetmetal parts don't unbend

I have a situation where I need to add sketched lines onto the formed surface of a cylinder shaped sheetmetal part. Then I need to unbend the part to create the flat pattern for our manufacturing plant. The problem is, when I unbend the part, the sketches don't follow and stay on the surface. They either fail or are left floating in space.

I also tried the reverse approach. I unbent the part first, added the sketches in the flat, then inserted a bend back feature. In this experiement, the sketches were suppressed in the formed version, and resumed in the flat pattern instance. This failed as well. Attached are screenshots to illustrate.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this? The application, in case anyone was interested is where we are burning these parts out on a plasma burning machine, and the sketches are scribed centerlines which will be on a different layer of the dxf output file.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:RussC)

I think they need to be projected onto the surface.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dschenken
21-Topaz I

I think they need to be projected onto the surface.

RussC
5-Regular Member

I tested the above solution and it works like a charm! Thanks!!

Top Tags