cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Toolpath skipping over hole

JasonPensack
1-Newbie

Toolpath skipping over hole

I am using Volume Rough to profile the inside of a pocket with a window mill and the setting on profile only. There are holes that break into this pocket and the toolpath wants to skip over these holes. I have tried opening the reference model and inserting a fill over them (which is why the hole looks filled in the picture) but that still doesnt work. The model is a .stp model. I am using creo 2 m030.

Untitled.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Jason,

Holes are a pain in the A__ with mill window.If I see a hole in the bottom of a pocket I use mill volume.You are suppose to be able to exclude holes or features or close the holes but I can never get it to work and I spend more time messing with it than it takes to build a mill volume and the mill volume doesn't see the holes.

Steve

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:SteveLucas)

Jason,

I should have looked closer at your picture.You can also select all the pockets and build your volume to the lowest Z level and the trim the volume to the model so it will mill all the levels with 1 volume same as mill window.

Steve

Top Tags