cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Two builds of Creo

ErikZabokrtsky
8-Gravel

Two builds of Creo

So I have a quick questions... I know you can have multiple builds of Creo on a single machine, but can you share files between those builds?

We are currently on Creo 3.0 M100 and need to upgrade to M120 to resolve a couple issues. In doing so, we will need to delete and create new workspaces within Windchill. I have a couple users who have large projects that aren't really on the server yet, or going to be on Windchill in multiple workspaces, so it would be a great help if I could leave them on M100 for a bit and upgrade the rest to M120.

Not sure if this will work or not, just looking for some input. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In general build codes are backwards compatible. We always have multiple build codes running. Usually our CAD Admin guys don't upgrade a user unless they have a specific problem or there is a system issue that requires a build code upgrade.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

In general build codes are backwards compatible. We always have multiple build codes running. Usually our CAD Admin guys don't upgrade a user unless they have a specific problem or there is a system issue that requires a build code upgrade.

That is exactly what I was hoping to hear! I'll upgrade a few of them and hope it fixes our issues.

You can share files, even use the same workspace for both builds.

I run Creo off of a server, so everyone upgrades at the same time, mush easier than installing it locally. I did have one company where we did local installs and I had to over 200 workstations to upgrade. NEVER again!

I put M120 on my machine and can't use the old workspaces at all. I've never created new ones in the past, but they must've changed a lot more in this build. Otherwise this wouldn't be an issue at all to upgrade them.

So in the past when I have been concerned about upgrades causing issues AND I couldn't just "checkin" all my work, I would export a backup of my work to the hard drive to ensure the work was saved before the upgrade. It can sometimes be challenging to bring it back in to a workspace but it's usually better than losing the work completely.

That's what I would have them do, but we just got done going to Windchill 11 from WC 10 where they had to do this. I am trying to keep the interference to a minimum.

So they are experienced!!! LOL. It'll be easy for them then.

Erik Zabokrtsky

Be careful, this just came across from Tom Unimm specifiacallly  about m100 vs m120

Creo Parametric 3.0 M120 - Incompatibility with earlier builds

Top Tags