cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Use part to subtract for Mold?

tkelley
1-Newbie

Use part to subtract for Mold?

Pro/E used to have the option to use a part to subtract material from another. Does Creo 2.0 have this? I can't find it, or find anything on the web in this regard. I have a student that wants to make a matching thread in another part. This used to be easy, but now I can't figure it out!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:tkelley)

Tim,

In Creo Parametric 2.0, try using the following:

1. Open your assembly file with the two models assembled with interference.
  2. Use MODEL > COMPONENT (group) flyout > COMPONENT OPERATIONS > CUT OUT
  3. Select the part that will be cut by the cutout operation (you can select multiple parts BTW). Select OK.
  4. Select the part that will be used as the cutout. Select OK.
  5. Choose by reference or copy and then Done.
  6. Select Yes/No for associative placement.

You're done.

Dan Nordin

BAE Systems

www.baesystems.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:tkelley)

Tim,

In Creo Parametric 2.0, try using the following:

1. Open your assembly file with the two models assembled with interference.
  2. Use MODEL > COMPONENT (group) flyout > COMPONENT OPERATIONS > CUT OUT
  3. Select the part that will be cut by the cutout operation (you can select multiple parts BTW). Select OK.
  4. Select the part that will be used as the cutout. Select OK.
  5. Choose by reference or copy and then Done.
  6. Select Yes/No for associative placement.

You're done.

Dan Nordin

BAE Systems

www.baesystems.com

The concept is "merge". There are a few places to do this. Daniel has described a common method.

The idea is that you have to do this from assembly mode. Activate the part you want modified. The Boolean features are then enabled,

Daniel,

Thank you. Got stuck for a while, but your post most definitely helped. The group part threw me for a bit.

Thanks again,

Tim

Top Tags