cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Using "Stock Model" in manufacturing

OsvaldoItaly
4-Participant

Using "Stock Model" in manufacturing

In Creo 3 i can create a "Stock Model" to get the remaining material after a NC Sequence.

How can i set it as Real stock for next sequences?

For example: first sequence is a Volume Roughing with a tool dia 20mm

I would like to create a new volume using the same mill window but limiting it to the remaining material of first sequence

I don't want to use Roughing and Re-Roughing 😄

I cannot replace the starting workpiece with his worked component of the familytable inside NC

I can save Stock Model as prt or stl, why i cannot use it for example for further operations?

Thanks a lot

Osvaldo

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

If I have well understood your problem, you should use one of the two sequences I surrounded below. From my point of view the trajectories that are calculated are not always very optimised but it's the only I have found to do what you describe.

Hi Raphael

thanks a lot for your answer.

Local machining is just a finishing sequence, i would like to reuse stock model in further roughin sequences.

For example i could work one piece and then rotate it on the 4th axis and working the remaining stock from another angle or using the remaining stock to worh on a 3 axis from a new operation.

I tried all but i thing it is not possible to do what i want (in this case STOCK MODEL is totally unusefull).

I could export stock model, create a new manufacturing, assemble the remaining stock as master stock and so on but is such a stupid thing 😄

Bye

Osvaldo

Hi Osvaldo,

As you say I also think this is not possible. In fact I don't really understand what is Stock model used for ?! In the company I work for, we only have 3 axis milling machine, and I sometimes have to be very imaginative to do the kind of things you describe.

QQ截图20170116103730.jpgQQ截图20170116103851.jpgQQ截图20170116103653.jpg

OsvaldoItaly
4-Participant
(To:cchu)

The pictures seem to refer to a finishing sequence not to a roughing one.

Finishing do not need workpiece or stock model.

Top Tags