cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

WF4 and W7

mwimberly
6-Contributor

WF4 and W7

I have WF4 installed on W7 and I see slower performance than on my XP machine. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there a way to speed it up? Is this because WF4 is not supported on W7?

TIA

Michael Wimberly
System Administrator, Sr, IS/Engineering Tools

T 513 881-4843 | M 513 833-3565 | F 513 881-5087 | -<">mailto:->
BAE Systems, 9113 Le Saint Drive, Fairfield, Ohio 45014 U.S.A.

P Before printing, think about the environment.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I am relatively new to Skeletons, and using one now on very simple level.

I have an assembly with two subassemblies.
I created axis' in the skeleton part, and utilize them to locate parts on both subassemblies.

I activated the subassembly while in the top level assembly and then assembled the components to the skeleton axis to locate them in the X & Y and the subassembly for the Z. This way I update the skeleton, and both subassemblies update automatically.

Everything appears to be working.

Now when I open a subassembly, the model tree shows icons that apparently mean Frozen/Packaged for the skeleton assembled components. It is a Pause symbol with a small box hanging off of it. We are not allowed to release models with frozen/packaged components here.

Is this model tree icon normal for a component assembled via a skeleton?

Does anyone have a listing of all the model tree icons?

Doug Pogatetz
Mechanical Design Engineer
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Phone: 224-625-4823

Top Tags