cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Which parameter to change if i want champfers to be visible on plates

cfrederiksen
3-Visitor

Which parameter to change if i want champfers to be visible on plates

How or where to find the parameter that controls the automatic generated champfer inside the assembly definition in EMX? I would like it to be visible always when i build up a moldbase using EMX.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Clement,

sorry for my late reply.

Here is the Answer to your question.

Got to the folder <emx_install>/components/<unit>/plates/<supplier>/udf and open the file feature_data with a text editor.

foler_feature_data.PNG

You can individually handle all features of the plates of a certain supplier.

You can now handle the feature behavior for each type individually but there is also a chance to change feautre behavior for all palte types

By default the CHAMFER behavior is set to TRUE for ANY type of plate.

If you simply change the value to FALSE the chamfer is the by default not visible in all types of the change supplier.

In my example alll plates from Meusburger won't have this chamfer anymore.

Be carefull with changes at this file and do back ups before doing changes.

It is also important to think about the shape of plates that are shipped by the supplier.

If you decide to hide any CAD feature in the plate (HOLES, CHAMFER) which will be available in the plate which was ordered from a supplier may cause issues.

feature_data.PNG

Regards Thomas

Kind Regards
Thomas Schneyer
B&W Software GmbH

Hello Thomas,

Thank you so much for your answer. Just what i needed:)

Best regards Clement

Top Tags