cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

.mfg file no longer created for process models

gchampoux
1-Newbie

.mfg file no longer created for process models

We just upgraded from Widlfire 3 to Wildfire 5 and noticed something unusual about manufacturing models.
We have the Expert Machinist module, but we only use it to create process models (manufacturing planning).
(aka: Pro/Process for Manufacturing)

When the user saves such a model in Wildfire 5, it is no longer creating a .mfg file, as it did in Wildfire 3 and prior releases.
Yet, when opening the .asm file, Pro/E knows that it is a manuafcturing model, and opens it in the appropriate application (Process).

In short, it seems to be working properly, but I want to be sure I am not missing anything.

Gerry

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Correct. I believe that the .mfg files were depreciated in WF 4.

Christopher F. Gosnell

FPD Company

124 Hidden Valley Road

McMurray, PA 15317

Than to everyone for the very quick reply.
Even someone from PTC chimed in.

.mfg files are no longer created in Wildfire 5. Everything is stored in the .asm file.

In Reply to Gerry Champoux:

We just upgraded from Widlfire 3 to Wildfire 5 and noticed something unusual about manufacturing models.
We have the Expert Machinist module, but we only use it to create process models (manufacturing planning).
(aka: Pro/Process for Manufacturing)

When the user saves such a model in Wildfire 5, it is no longer creating a .mfg file, as it did in Wildfire 3 and prior releases.
Yet, when opening the .asm file, Pro/E knows that it is a manuafcturing model, and opens it in the appropriate application (Process).

In short, it seems to be working properly, but I want to be sure I am not missing anything.

Although the mfg file is no longer used in Wildfire 5.0 and Creo, the config.pro option DISPLAY_MFG_ICON_FOR_MFG_ASSY YES will bring back the icon making it easier to identify the manufacturing database.

David Brainsky
Certified PTC Instructor
Chula Vista, Ca. 91910
Top Tags