cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

missing parameters and visibility option in the tools drop down within edit parameters window

cmerani
6-Contributor

missing parameters and visibility option in the tools drop down within edit parameters window

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 3.0 (connected) 3.0 M100

Edit Parameters Tools menu is missing options and the parameter list is abridged. There are tons of missing parameters in this particular manufacturing model. CL_DIST is a big one that my Post Processor uses and it has gone missing in the parameter list. Starting a new manufacturing file remedies the situation but I need to know how to fix the one that is already complete as there is a lot of work already done and starting over every time this happens is not a solution. I need to know how to correct this issue if it ever happens again. I did attempt to export the parameter list from a good model and open in the broken one but I receive a long list of errors stating not valid.

6 REPLIES 6
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:cmerani)

I think you're talking about the parameters that are accessed via Tools -> Parameters?

You can copy the parameters from one part/assembly to another by opening up the parameters in the "good" file, selecting all the ones you want to copy (i.e. pick, <shift>-pick) then Edit->Copy. Open the problem file, then Tools->Parameters and Edit->Paste.

If I remember correctly it will complain if any of the parameters are duplicates of ones already in the file, but that's probably the right thing to do.

Is that what you were looking for, or are you talking about Sequence parameters?

cmerani
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

Thank you for your response Ken.  The parameters I am speaking of are not the standard parameters in the regular tools menu.  This is within the manufacturing module.  They are entirely different and the parameters that are missing are within the cutting operation.  As I mentioned, I attempted to export/import from a different model that isn't broken but that is when Creo complains and throws the errors.  There are menu options completely missing from within the tools dropdown as well.  It is a very odd situation.This is from a good modelThis is from a good modelThis is from the broken model.  Visibility missing from tools menu and tons of parameters missing from the list.This is from the broken model. Visibility missing from tools menu and tons of parameters missing from the list.

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Is the "old" file you are opening from an older version of Creo or maybe even Pro/Engineer? I don't remember when but I seem to recall there was a big change in the sequence definitions and a lot of mucking about with default interfaces and all that. Like the "Basic" and "All" parameter visibility thing (don't like that, too easy to miss something that should be set if Basic is on).

Of course if that's true it's no help to know it. There's no way I know of to "update" a sequence.

Also, it seems really odd for CL_DIST to be missing. I think that's a parameter used by pretty much any milling sequence. You are doing a milling sequence, correct?

cmerani
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

Nope, same version of Creo. Same working directory.  It is a very odd behavior most definitely.  I am doing Wire EDM but pretty much same procedure for getting an NC file out of Creo.  I really appreciate you chiming in Ken.

hheinze
6-Contributor

Maybe you have to check that box here.
I have no wire, so it is not showing, but the option is still here for me to show you:

ParamUI.jpg

basis.jpg

cmerani
6-Contributor
(To:hheinze)

Thanks for the input.  Unfortunately we have found that an old Config file was causing the issue.  We started with a fresh Config and it works again.  Who knows but its just one of those Creo things I guess.

Top Tags