cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

"Custom Trajectory" for Creo 4.0

Green_Giant
4-Participant

"Custom Trajectory" for Creo 4.0

We just recently updated our CREO software from 2.0 to 4.0 and we can't find the Custom Trajectory feature.

I saw a post about this same problem when the 3.0 update came out but that fix doesn't work.  In short you need to go into your config options and add/change enable_classic_nc_steps to yes but I can't even find that option.  Can anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green_Giant
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

Sorry, I must have misunderstood when you said config.pro and just interpreted it as go to configuration editor.  Pardon my inexperience I've only been using CREO for about 2 months. 

Anyway, I found out that you can add it though Configuration Editor in the file menu.  Normally the options will auto-fill as you type, but because enable_classic_nc_steps is hidden it won't auto-fill.  However, if you just type it in anyway it will work.  After that you just export it into your config.pro file and save.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I seem to recall this nightmarish scenario occurring in the past with the fear that I would no longer have the most useful type of toolpath in my bag of tricks. There is an option as you state. I checked my config.pro file and found that I have

enable_classic_nc_steps yes

The reason you might not be able to see it is this particular option is hidden. It doesn't show up in the options editor. I don't know if you can add it in the options editor, I make changes to my config.pro by editing the text file.

One thing that's got me nervous is that those hidden options are usually accompanied with the caveat that they may not continue being available in future releases. I haven't used Creo 4.0 (I'm on 2.0) yet, so I don't know if this option has survived all the "upgrades".

Green_Giant
4-Participant

I have already tried adding that to my Configuration editor but it won't accept it.  Unless there is someone else out there who knows where to find that I'm out of luck.

I didn't know if configuration editor would work, I guess it doesn't. This is probably normal behavior for a setting that is "hidden".

So, you have to manually edit the file that your configuration is saved to. For me that is "config.pro". It is located in the directory specified in the "Start in:" box for the shortcut you use to start the program. As I said in my original answer, you need to use a text editor like Notepad to add that line.

Green_Giant
4-Participant

Sorry, I must have misunderstood when you said config.pro and just interpreted it as go to configuration editor.  Pardon my inexperience I've only been using CREO for about 2 months. 

Anyway, I found out that you can add it though Configuration Editor in the file menu.  Normally the options will auto-fill as you type, but because enable_classic_nc_steps is hidden it won't auto-fill.  However, if you just type it in anyway it will work.  After that you just export it into your config.pro file and save.

Cool.

Now, the burning question: Did this "fix" the problem? We've been wanting to switch to Creo 4.0, but if this particular capability is missing from it, I am going to be unhappy. I use custom trajectory pretty much every time I do any NC programming.

Green_Giant
4-Participant

Yes it did,

After you enable it in the configuration editor it will appear on the top bar menu under a dropdown titled "Classic NC Steps"

Top Tags