cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

solid models complete with tool holders.

cncwhiz
1-Newbie

solid models complete with tool holders.

I have been requested to take my pro man setups to the next level. I am being asked to build my tools with tool holders. does anybody do this? I want to be able to swap tools and holders when I need to?
1 REPLY 1

Hi Terry,

We do it quite a bit! I´ve created some start models (Templates) in order todo not have to start tool/holder modelingfrom the ground up. My templates supports most of part level parameters that are necessary to pass information to Pro/NC´s tool manager, and you can easily add further parameters as necessary. I´ve create a couple of templates: one for tool models and another for the holders. Each one contains the necessary parameters that will allow Pro/NC to paas the tool/holdergeometry/infoto the tool manager and to Vericut as well.

Regarding "I want to be able to swap tools and holders when I need to", it may be intersting to model your holders and toolsas family table parts, so that you can switch over them by clicking at the part model in the assembly tree, #Right click #"Replace" and selecting the desiredmodel from the family table. Everything else you be updated accordingly, including the toolpath!

In order to beable to use solid models for holders and tools, all you need to do is to create an assembly and put the holder and the tool model into it. Pro/NC can read the parameters from the tools/holders models (At the part level)and build up the BOM list in the tool manager. Works like a charm. Iquit using Vericut full version to catch up tool/holder colisions.

Please find my templates attached. Feel free to drop me a line if you need any additional assistance to get this done.

HTH

Daniel

In Reply to Terry Thomas:

I have been requested to take my pro man setups to the next level. I am being asked to build my tools with tool holders. does anybody do this? I want to be able to swap tools and holders when I need to?

Regards,

Daniel Santos - Sr. NC Programmer / CAM Support

Liebherr Aerospace Brasil

Announcements

Top Tags