cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

tool type

cncwhiz
1-Newbie

tool type

Does anyone have a way to change in the tool manager the type of tool? I have custom form tools and what ever tool type I was on last the new tool will become the same type. I have a custom porting tool that need to be drilling for the tip offset, but if I was on "milling"last it will make my porting tool a milling type?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

In Reply to Terry Thomas:

Does anyone have a way to change in the tool manager the type of tool? I have custom form tools and what ever tool type I was on last the new tool will become the same type. I have a custom porting tool that need to be drilling for the tip offset, but if I was on "milling"last it will make my porting tool a milling type?

Hi Terry,

The best way to go may be creating a solid tool using multiple coordinate systems and defining it as a "Milling" tool in the parameter TOOL_TYPE at the part level. By doing so you are going to be able to use all possible milling strategies in Pro/NC.

Advantages: You will be able to check interferences (Visually only) and to control the TIP control point at the NC sequence level.

I couple of months ago I've posted here some material about multi-tip tools using solid model...

Regards,

Daniel Santos - Sr. NC Programmer / CAM Support

Liebherr Aerospace Brasil

Top Tags