cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

turning canned cycle on creo 3.0???

asifcad
12-Amethyst

turning canned cycle on creo 3.0???

why ptc silent on the turning canned cycle on creo 3.0??? why there is no builtin turning canned cycle in creo?????

regards

asif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can accomplish this with manufacturing UDF's (mudf's) and a good post processor.  I have seen this work for G71 / G72 cycles.  I have attached a few mudf's as examples, use at your own risk, and some information.  I agree if this were built in in could be much more useful and user friendly. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:asifcad)

Hello Asif,

Do you have any information, that such a thing was planned (or maybe even announced!) in the past?

Or are you just generally missing canned cycles for turning and wonder why they have not been implemented?

Thanks,

Gunter

asifcad
12-Amethyst
(To:asifcad)

No I don't have any information about it...I search a lot on Google but nothing find any thing related to canned cycle..on creo..I know creo have a complete module for turning and I am already using it ..but there is a ??? Mark about canned cycle....... if u have a answer please I form me....

Regards

Asif

Me too would like to learn canned cycle for turning. I think canned cycles may not be there in Creo.These will be provided by the controller like Fanuc, Hass or Sinumerik

I think what Asif is aiming at, is Creo Turning supporting the use of these canned cycles, i.e. instead of outputting each move of the tool or speed/feed changes, send a command sequence that tells the controller to use a specific canned cycle.

There is something similar for holemaking sequences, usually referred to as macros (e.g. AI or ISO), but I have not heard of something related to area or profile turning.

asifcad
12-Amethyst
(To:gkoch)

Yes Gunter bhai you are right ...actually I am using pro-e from more than ten years and now this software is part of my life and i cant leave it...this is my association from this software.now about canned cycle I thinks for roughing point of its really good for it..because if we use roughing without canned cycle the post processor generate a huge g code file...and if u want to edit feed or depth of cut its very hard to do it...and for finish or  profiling it think without canned cycle I'll be happy..because of the short size g code file...right now I using master cam because it has a good canned cycle to turn a big parts.butttttt....master cam is no more parametric ...associative between manufacturing with its model...its sucks me..and you know during development process there are a lot of process change to achieved better quality products... and with master cam u have to make again and again programs and setup... I am amazed why PTC engineer not thinks about this common feature..where lot of software offer it as a simple feature..

Regards

Asif

You can accomplish this with manufacturing UDF's (mudf's) and a good post processor.  I have seen this work for G71 / G72 cycles.  I have attached a few mudf's as examples, use at your own risk, and some information.  I agree if this were built in in could be much more useful and user friendly. 

Thanks bhai..but please guide me in easy words that how can I uae this mudf?? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Aaif

I use ur mudf ..on wf5 but codes are same as other cycle ..I mean no g71 type canned cycle codes...use default pp from pp list for g code generation....

Regards

Asif

The mudf is mainly to make all the manufactuing parameters and options consistent.  Your post processor will need to do the bulk of the work to take this information and create the proper cycles.  This will not work with a generic postprocessor.

Thanks bill

Have you any postprocessor for fanuc ...to creat canned cycle .???

Regards

Asif

Top Tags