cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

volume milling vs rough vs HSM

asifcad
12-Amethyst

volume milling vs rough vs HSM

Hello Creo experts,

I have a question regarding volume milling. I have often chosen to use rough or HSM sequences instead of volume milling for roughing operations. However, I've noticed that the cycle time for HSM and rough sequences is not as good as I expected. Despite being named high-speed milling, the cycle time is actually longer than the volume milling cycle for the same pocket size. Can you please advise on the parameters I may be missing to achieve a shorter cycle time compared to volume milling on the same size pocket?

Regards,

Asif Fisa

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:asifcad)

Are you using the same spindle speed, feed rate and depth of cuts when comparing the 2 methods?

Have you looked at the playback for both to see if the path generated is the same or is one method using more passes?

asifcad
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

yes right now almost same parameters on all three cycles but cycle time for example volume mill is 11 minute rough mill 26 minutes and hsm take 30minutes ..what i see between in 3 cycles volume mill have a minimum retrect as compare to others cycles .both hsm and rough cycle have more retract before every depth of cut .

Hi,

I think you have to discuss your problem with PTC Support, directly.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags