cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Accuracy Summary

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Accuracy Summary

I started on pro/E in ’96 on rev 16, but I worked for an injection mold tooling shop. In the mold package, matching accuracy between the molded part and the mold extracts was crucial, so we always used absolute because relative made it hard to match. So I’ve used absolute accuracy at 0.0001” from the beginning with no issues that I can recall. The issues I’ve had with accuracy have come from using relative rather than absolute.

Doug Schaefer

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
1 REPLY 1

Hell All,

Great discussion and great feedback and information!

Can you tell what accuracy proE has chosen to use ifwe havespecified "relative accuracy"?

We make electraonic equipment, so our physical boxes are typically the size of a laptop but may be as large as the trunk of a car. We user relative accuracy, so I am assuming ProE uses these very, very tiny components and to determineit's relativeaccuracy. With the more complexity and detail in our design, we are finding that we are bringing our systems totheir kneees. It is a catchh 22 - greater detail, greater accuracy, more regen time, less fluid graphics, etc.

Any insight or experiances/advice you would like to share would be helpful?

Thanks,

Dave

In Reply to Doug Schaefer:

I started on pro/E in ’96 on rev 16, but I worked for an injection mold tooling shop. In the mold package, matching accuracy between the molded part and the mold extracts was crucial, so we always used absolute because relative made it hard to match. So I’ve used absolute accuracy at 0.0001” from the beginning with no issues that I can recall. The issues I’ve had with accuracy have come from using relative rather than absolute.

Doug Schaefer

Top Tags